Accounting / Finance Student Tasks
Data, Reports, and Transactions
- Updating client summary lead sheets for financial automated control testing reports
- Separating and posting checks into the CRM database and transferring data
- Reviewing bank statements and credit reports for routine account security purposes
- Collecting historical data for compliance records
- Generating, running, and preparing internal reports
- Preparing mutual funds holdings account schedules
- Reviewing revenue accounts for specified companies
- Completing weekly acquisition screening
- Preparing limited practice lists into Excel
- Creating and sending purchase orders and invoices.
- Reconcile credit card statements with receipts.
- Match and file invoices and checks.
- Review incoming invoices.
- Allocate charges to appropriate expense accounts.
- Organizing deposit and withdrawal slips, filing bank statement receipts
- Scanning and indexing transaction and exit tickets
- Creating excel sheets detailing bank statements, reviewing customer statement accounts, and extracting closed account information from CRM
- Processing loan approval and denial letters and sending to clients
- Scan journal entries and cash receipts
- Assisting with tax return completion and filing, updating client identification numbers for tax returns, updating tax management portfolios, preparing tax depreciation import files, creating and updating tax refund spreadsheets
- Digitalizing tax apportionment binders
- Distributing and Mailing W-9 Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification Forms
- Inserting NAICS (North American Industry Classification System) codes for identifying companies and businesses, verifying loan numbers
- Researching and confirming settlement dates on annuities, reviewing certificate renewals
- Preparing stock investment summaries, researching stock values
- Covering receptionist duties and greeting customers/clients
- Providing customer service in person and/or over the phone
- Take inventory of office supplies and record in an excel spreadsheet
- Order office supplies based on recorded inventory levels
- Stock all supply closets
- Preparing letters and composing emails to clients; sorting, distributing, stamping, sealing, and filing mail
- Copying documents and materials for board meetings, setting up conference
- Sorting general partner correspondence