Part Time / Posted September 29, 2022
Saint Martin de Porres High School is seeking a dynamic, energetic and self-driven Marketing Intern to be part of an innovative urban college-prep and career readiness high school experience.
Saint Martin de Porres High School is part of the Cristo Rey Network of Catholic schools designed exclusively for students of modest means. Our competitive edge is our Corporate Work study program, which allows students to gain real world work experience while receiving a college preparatory education. Eighty percent of our students will be the first in their extended families to go to college. Our rigorous curriculum, which includes students working in a corporate environment, was designed specifically for our school by a committee of prestigious educational leaders. Saint Martin was founded in 2004, we are chartered by the state of Ohio and accredited through the Ohio Catholic Schools Accrediting Association. Our mission of College and Career Readiness is centered around five pillars: Work, Study, Serve, Lead, and Pray.
The Marketing intern will provide support to all facets of communication in the Admissions and Marketing departments including social media, website, and E-Blast development and production. The Intern may also assist in market research, data analysis and entry, design, and event management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
This is a general representation of the key duties and responsibilities required of this position. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Assist with Monthly and Bi-Weekly E-blast Communication for Academics, Advancement, Alumni, Athletics, and Admissions Departments.
- Assist in the development of a social media plan including creating content, scheduling content, and engaging key followers and stakeholders (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Design content for social media posts, email campaigns, and other various marketing collateral.
- Support Marketing team in writing bi-annual Newsletter content as well as CWSP, alumni, and student features.
- Capture and edit photo and video footage at various events and organize in Google Drive.
- Analyze analytics to gauge email, social media, and campaign success.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated commitment to Catholic, faith-based education.
- Communications, Marketing or Public Relations majors preferred. Related fields will be considered.
- Strong understanding of media content creation, especially social media tools and platforms.
- General knowledge of standard industry tools, such as Mailchimp, Canva, iMovie, and website platforms.
- Organized and detail-oriented with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Strong team player, able to work closely with team members and cross-departmentally as well as working independently.
- Effective, active listening skills.
- Flexible schedule designed around classload, 10-24 hours per week from January through May. Opportunity for remote work and to continue internship into Summer.
- Earn class credit(s) while gaining hands-on learning experience.
- Opportunity to demonstrate essential skills for a successful marketing and communications career, including writing, creating, and managing digital content, conducting research and assessment, developing a communications strategy and plan, and serving as an active member of a creative team.
- Compensation $1,500 stipend.
1. Understands and completely embraces the Saint Martin de Porres High School mission and the Cristo Rey Network's Eleven Standards for Mission Effectiveness.
2. Believes that all learning should be set in meaningful context and related to real world experiences.
3. Utilizes pedagogical approaches that include but are not limited to Habits of the mind, Socratic questioning, adult and peer coaching, adult and peer presentations, problem-based learning, constructionist approach, inquiry methods, appreciative inquiry methods, and other forms of active learning.
4. Person of faith but not necessarily Catholic.
5. Appreciates that the school is driven by its Catholicity which focuses on the highest level of ethical, moral and social behavior of its students, staff and volunteers.
6. Able and willing to do what it takes to get the job done even if it is not directly related to your job description.
7. Strong sense of being a team player.
Submit cover letter and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Saint Martin de Porres High School encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to our mission.
Saint Martin de Porres High School is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.