Saint Martin invites students into our school community who are committed to academic, spiritual, social, emotional, and physical growth. During the admissions process, Saint Martin reviews academic, disciplinary, and attendance records, as well as teacher recommendations.
While we are serious about preparing students for college and career success, we also believe that school should be fun! Caring for the whole student, we believe that involvement in extracurriculars is essential to continuing to form talented, well-rounded, and interesting individuals.
Charles "Chaz" Napoli began his tenure as the second President in Saint Martin's history just over a month ago. So we took the opportunity to get to know our new leader a little bit more, and now you can do the same with ":60 With President Napoli."
1. What made you decide to come to Saint Martin? I was excited to join the Saint Martin community because I have such a strong passion for the mission of the school. I believe our greatest calling as a community is to support our youth and the best gift we can provide for that support is a quality education, especially in the foundational years of high school where so much of your future will be determined. Saint Martin's students are blessed with potential, but through no fault of their own, have many roadblocks to overcome to tap that potential, and Saint Martin's through great academics, real world work experience, holistic student support and faith is able to provide the right environment to break down those roadblocks. It amazes me the success this community has in helping students move on to higher education with most of our students being the first generation to attend college.
2. What has been most rewarding in your first month on the job? The most rewarding part of my first month has been meeting first hand so many members of the entire Saint Martin's community: students, parents, work study partners, faculty and staff. I have quickly learned that I am blessed with incredible team members throughout the school: our operating leaders, faculty, counseling team have incredible talent, passion and dedication and I am excited about the opportunity to partner with them as we head into a new school year.
3. Is there something you are looking most forward to in the coming months here at the school? While there are many things I am looking forward to in my first full year, spending quality time with the students and parents is high, high on the list. I am also very motivated and excited about spending time with our corporate work study partners to not only thank them since we can't operate the school without their support, but to learn about even better ways that we can manage the program.
4. When not at Saint Martin, what hobbies or activities do you enjoy most? When not at Saint Martin's, probably no surprise that my favorite time is spending more time with young adults, my five children. I also enjoy golf and hiking in the summer and downhill skiing in the winter months to keep active.
5. Do you have a favorite food and music? My favorite food which is probably no surprise given part of my family lineage is fresh pasta, pasta and more pasta. I love music and enjoy wearing out my progressive classic rock favorites; like, Pink Floyd, Peter Gabriel, Yes, Genesis... and I am also a big fan of Classical music and pinch myself every time I have the privilege of seeing the Cleveland Orchestra in a live performance. Just got back from seeing their Beethoven symphonies project and just got chills. What a Cleveland treasure.
1 of 22