Full Time / Posted March 20, 2020
POSITION: Vice President of Advancement
Saint Martin de Porres High School is seeking an experienced Vice President of Advancement to be part of an innovative urban college-prep high school experience.
Saint Martin de Porres High School is a Catholic college-preparatory program designed exclusively for students of modest means. Eighty percent of our students will be the first in their extended families to go to college. Our rigorous curriculum, which includes students working in a corporate environment, was designed specifically for our school by a committee of prestigious educational leaders. Saint Martin was founded in 2004 and is chartered by the state of Ohio and accredited through the Ohio Catholic Schools Accrediting Association. Our mission is to help our scholars become College Ready and Career Prepared, with a commitment to the values of work, study, service, leadership and prayer. We are a part of the Cristo Rey Network of schools founded in 2001.
The Vice President for Advancement leads and manages a strategic program to promote, cultivate, solicit and steward gifts in support of the mission of Saint Martin de Porres High School. Specifically, the Vice President for Advancement leads, directs, collaboratively develops, and executes a comprehensive annual fund plan; the school’s fund raising gala ‘Birthday Bash’, existing and new foundation funding; and any capital or other designated fundraising efforts, as deemed necessary.
- Direct oversight and development of the school’s Advancement Team, ensuring consistency with the Cristo Rey philosophies and objectives.
- Responsible for all day-to-day operations and long-term development initiatives.
- Develop and manage the Advancement budget.
- Act as staff liaison to the Development Committee of the Board of Trustees.
- Develop and plan budget for all fundraising activities and coordinate any campaign activity.
- Develop fundraising goals and strategies to strengthen the financial resources of Saint Martin de Porres High School.
- Network with the greater Cleveland business community to attract and retain major gifts and donations to support the school’s mission.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with donors and funding partners.
- Develop cultivation strategies for prospective donors; engage faculty, staff, Board and other organizational supporters as appropriate.
- Plan, track and report on individual and departmental work in support of organizational coordination and synergy.
- Oversee all communications and public relations functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Public Relations, Not for Profit Management, Communications or related field.
EXPERIENCE AND COMMITMENT
- 5+ years of experience in a non-profit organization, preferably in a mission-oriented school or faith-based entity.
- 5+ years successful experience in major gift fundraising, preferably in secondary education.
- Extensive experience writing grant submissions, as well as in the stewardship involved in building an ongoing relationship with foundation and corporate funders.
- Successful experience effectively qualifying prospective donors, developing cultivation strategies and ultimately securing majors gifts of support.
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills coupled with empathetic listening skills; an ability to thoughtfully consider the perspective of all stakeholders including, students, families, faculty, staff, business partners, the board of directors and donors.
- Ability to understand the needs and interests of leadership and major gift donors in order to develop relationships between them and the school.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND TRAITS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Very strong interpersonal skills. Detail oriented and data-driven.
- Organized with very effective time management skills.
- Capable of managing several initiatives simultaneously while working in fast paced environment.
- Proactive approach to tasks and projects.
- Ability to relate to and effectively communicate with various audiences including Board of Trustees, foundation and corporate funders; students and colleagues.
- Interest in all aspects of urban education and a dedication to promoting the school’s fundraising priorities through developing excellent relationships with faculty, staff, leadership and the board of directors.
- Familiarity with the realities, nuances, and impacts of educational inequity, racial inequity, poverty, restorative justice, the Greater Cleveland education sector (public and private) and a willingness and desire to learn and grow in one’s understanding and knowledge.
- Strong team player, able to collaborate and work closely with the Advancement team members and faculty and staff.
- Highly donor focused and familiarity with Raiser’s Edge or similar fundraising/donor database.
- Demonstrated ability to provide a high level of service excellence to all customers and stakeholders.
1. Understands and completely embraces the Saint Martin de Porres High School mission and the Cristo Rey Network's Ten Standards for Mission Effectiveness.
2. Believes that all learning should be set in meaningful context and related to real world experiences.
3. Utilizes pedagogical approaches that include but are not limited to Habits of the mind, Socratic questioning, adult and peer coaching, adult and peer presentations, problem-based learning, constructionist approach, inquiry methods, appreciative inquiry methods, and other forms of active learning.
4. Person of faith but not necessarily Catholic.
5. Appreciates that the school is driven by its Catholicity which focuses on the highest level of ethical, moral and social behavior of its students, staff and volunteers.
6. Able and willing to do what it takes to get the job done even if it is not directly related to your job description.
7. Strong sense of being a team player.
EXCELLENT BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
- Competitive compensation plan
- Flexible hours
- Excellent medical, dental and vision plans
- Company Paid Life and Long Term Disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Eligibility for Student Loan Forgiveness
Submit cover letter and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org