Full Time / Posted November 22, 2021
Saint Martin de Porres, Cleveland’s Cristo Rey High School seeks faculty, staff, and administration who value a student-centered approach to education and model a work ethic characterized by diligence, persistence, and dedication. We are a community that believes all academic work should be rooted in the experiences of our students.
As Cleveland’s Cristo Rey High School, we are part of a national network of schools delivering a powerful and innovative approach to education. We equip students with the knowledge, character and skills to become College Ready and Career Prepared. This mission is carried out through every position in our community. If you have the overall qualifications and are inspired to join our community that is preparing today’s youth for the global workforce, we strongly encourage you to consider this opportunity.
Saint Martin de Porres is seeking a Substitute Teacher (Building Sub). Candidates should have proven experience successfully working with high school age students. Responsibilities include:
- Embrace the Saint Martin Mission, Vision and Guiding Principles as well as the Cristo Rey Network Standards of Mission Effectiveness.
- Engage with professional learning teams that promote and require collaboration, peer review, and multidisciplinary lesson planning.
- Work with students at all levels of learning utilizing differentiated lesson planning and teaching techniques.
- Develop and submit for review lesson plans in accordance with the school’s curriculum.
- Model a work ethic characterized by diligence, persistence and dedication. The Saint Martin teaching calendar and daily schedule are extended somewhat longer than the average teaching position.
- Communicate regularly with students’ parents/guardians.
- Participate in Corporate Work Study Program and Admissions events as needed.
- Coordinate and participate in field trips and extra-curricular activities.
- Understand that the school is in the ongoing process of developing innovative policies in education. The teacher must be flexible in all matters involving teaching, school administration and program and curriculum development.
- Use informal and formal assessments to make adjustments to classroom teaching in order to support and track student learning.
- Integrate on a daily basis the existing technology of the school and expected future significant enhancements, including Smartboards, iPads, Chromebooks, grading programs and other associated hardware and software (i.e. PowerSchool, Schoology, Google Educational Apps). Use of relevant technology must be a significant part of the daily lesson structure.
- Ohio Licensure: AYA (7-12), Ohio Substitute Licensure or Non-Tax Certification.
- Master’s Degree preferred; however, a Bachelor’s degree with appropriate experience will also be considered.
- 3 years of successfully teaching in an urban environment.
- Traditional and non-traditional classroom teaching.
Submit cover letter and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Saint Martin de Porres High School encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to our mission.
Saint Martin de Porres High School is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.