General / Posted July 23, 2018
Saint Martin de Porres, Cleveland’s Cristo Rey® high school seeks faculty, staff, and administration who value a student-centered approach to education and model a work ethic characterized by diligence, persistence, and dedication. We are a community that believes all academic work should be rooted in the experiences of our students.
As Cleveland’s Cristo Rey high school, we are part of a national network of schools delivering a powerful and innovative approach to inner-city education. We equip students from economically-disadvantaged families with the knowledge, character and skills to transform their lives. This mission is carried out through every position in our community. If you have the overall qualifications and are inspired to join a community that is transforming urban education in Cleveland, we strongly encourage you to consider this opportunity.
Saint Martin de Porres is seeking substitute teachers. Candidates should have proven experience successfully working with high school age students. The ideal candidates:
- Has successful experience working with students in an urban or inner-city setting.
- Has successful classroom experience in a non-traditional or traditional classroom setting.
- Must be able to work with students at all levels of learning within the classroom setting.
- Must be prepared to be flexible in all matters involving teaching, school administration and curriculum.
- Must be comfortable with and willing to utilize and learn the existing technology of the school. This technology is a significant part of the daily lesson structure.
- Must be mature and reliable.
The qualified candidate will have bachelor’s degree. We prefer that candidates have current State of Ohio Substitute teacher license or Non-Tax Certificate, but will work with exceptional candidates through this process.
Please send resume, cover letter and references to Laura Williams, Assistant to the President at email@example.com.