Full Time / Posted April 06, 2021
POSITION: High School Work Study Operations Coordinator
Saint Martin de Porres High School is a Catholic college-preparatory program designed exclusively for students of modest means. Eighty percent of our students will be the first in their extended families to go to college. Our rigorous curriculum, which includes students working in a corporate environment, was designed specifically for our school by a committee of prestigious educational leaders. Saint Martin was founded in 2004 and is chartered by the state of Ohio and accredited through the Ohio Catholic Schools Accrediting Association. Our mission is to help our scholars become College Ready and Career Prepared, with a commitment to the values of work, study, service, leadership and prayer. We are a part of the Cristo Rey Network of schools founded in 2001.
The Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP), Operations Coordinator is responsible for the daily coordination of all CWSP operations and logistics including, but not limited to, attendance, student employment requirements and transportation. The position reports to the Vice President, Corporate Work Study Program.
• Oversee and schedule check-in and check-out, including the scheduling of the CWSP team so that students arrive to work on time and work a full day.
• Manage all worker attendance efforts, including: attendance, verifying absences with parents, communication to clients regarding delays, absences and make-up schedules.
• Management of all transportation, excluding athletics, in an efficient and safe manner for all students to and from work sites in coordination with transportation vendors. Communicates with drivers daily to ensure alignment of routes and student schedules.
• Manage student workers at Saint Martin de Porres High School.
• Manage and schedule all pre-employment requirements and documentation for students including but not limited to (work permits, I-9’s, physicals, background checks, drug test, TB test, Flu shots, required training, etc).
• Maintains CWSP phone and email hotline for parents and supervisors.
• Create and maintain CWSP Department records for student employment that meets U. S. Department of Labor compliance standards, including student time sheets.
• Ensure that all CWSP student records and company records are up to date.
• Serve as student support function on site, responding to inquiries related to schedules, transportation, dress code, and worksite requirements.
• Create and manage the request for proposals (RFP) process for transportation services as needed.
• Assists with planning of student registration, orientations, programming, and professional development training.
• Assist account managers as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Vice President of the Corporate Work Study Program.
• Work regular work hours of 7 a.m. through 4 p.m. and additional hours, as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree or four years of relevant work experience are required.
• Demonstrated experience and understanding of operational management and logistics.
• Some hands-on experience in an academic or non-profit environment preferably in an urban setting.
• Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Office Suite.
• Organized, with very effective time management skills.
• Capable of managing several initiatives simultaneously while working in fast-paced environment.
• Understands the need for and is able to maintain and protect all confidential materials and information.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Ability to relate to and effectively communicate with various audiences including students and parents; corporate sponsors; and colleagues.
• Strong team player, able to work closely with CWSP team members and faculty and staff.
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
1. Understands and completely embraces the Saint Martin de Porres High School mission and the Cristo Rey Network's Eleven Standards for Mission Effectiveness.
2. Believes that all learning should be set in meaningful context and related to real world experiences.
3. Utilizes pedagogical approaches that include but are not limited to Habits of the mind, Socratic questioning, adult and peer coaching, adult and peer presentations, problem-based learning, constructionist approach, inquiry methods, appreciative inquiry methods, and other forms of active learning.
4. Person of faith but not necessarily Catholic.
5. Appreciates that the school is driven by its Catholicity which focuses on the highest level of ethical, moral and social behavior of its students, staff and volunteers.
6. Able and willing to do what it takes to get the job done even if it is not directly related to your job description.
7. Strong sense of being a team player.
Submit cover letter and resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Saint Martin de Porres High School encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to our mission.
Saint Martin de Porres High School is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.