Part Time / Posted April 06, 2021
POSITION: High School Paraprofessional, Work Study
REPORTS TO: Vice President of CWSP
FLSA STATUS: Non- Exempt
Saint Martin de Porres High School is looking for a High School Paraprofessional to be part of an innovative urban college-prep high school experience for the 2021-2022 school year.
Saint Martin de Porres High School is a Catholic college-preparatory program designed exclusively for students of modest means. Eighty percent of our students will be the first in their extended families to go to college. Our rigorous curriculum, which includes students working in a corporate environment, was designed specifically for our school by a committee of prestigious educational leaders. Saint Martin was founded in 2004 and is chartered by the state of Ohio and accredited through the Ohio Catholic Schools Accrediting Association. Our mission is to help our scholars become College Ready and Career Prepared, with a commitment to the values of work, study, service, leadership and prayer. We are a part of the Cristo Rey Network of schools founded in 2001.
Reporting to the Vice President of the Corporate Work Study Program, this position will partner with all Corporate Work Study team members to provide support for students by assisting with their development of professional skills needed for the work study program in and outside of the traditional class setting. This individual will also guide, coach and follow up with students to ensure they are building the skills necessary for today’s workplace. This individual will mentor and advocate for students and serve as the liaison between students and the CWSP team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
High School Paraprofessional responsibilities at Saint Martin de Porres High School include but are not limited to:
Student Centered Professional Development:
• Provide professional development to students to include workplace hard and soft skills. Collaborate with the Work Study Team as needed.
• Work with the CWSP Professional Development & Training Director to monitor the class schedule.
• Assist Instructors with class preparation, including lesson planning and preparing materials, equipment and/or technology.
• Revise lesson materials to suit the needs of individual students or small groups of students.
• Ensure the classroom environment is safe and clean.
• Oversee students during lunch, field trips and other times not designated for instruction.
• Collaborate with CWSP Instructors to identify students concerns and recommend solutions.
• Maintain accurate and up to date student grades across multiple systems
• Document student progress and communicate with both parents and the CWSP team.
• Help lead Instructors to create lesson plans.
• Comply with state, school, and class rules and regulations.
• Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of student training.
• Measure student performance using appropriate tools and proven techniques.
• Attend training classes, parent conferences, and meetings as requested.
Student Remediation and Job Coach:
• Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of student training and coaching, primarily with the CWSP Dean of Students.
• Assist in the creation of each student’s remediation plan and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring that the plan is executed completely and thoroughly; revise plans as needed.
• Coordinate remediation and coaching sessions.
• Develop detailed student coaching plans and track progress.
• Manage and track student performance, related to remediation and coaching; use appropriate tools and techniques.
• Develop comprehensive training plans including short and long-term goals for students; collaborate with CWSP Account Managers to execute trainings; track and analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
• Develop resources to map and document the coaching process.
• Assist and visit students at work for onsite training as needed.
• and other duties as assigned.
Operational and Administrative:
• Assist with daily student check-in and check-out process.
• Provide administrative assistance, including the preparation of formal emails, memos, and other departmental communications as assigned.
• Maintain comprehensive and accurate records, documents, and reports.
• Plan internal and external meetings, including scheduling, sending reminders, and organizing meals and refreshments when necessary.
• Manage and troubleshoot CWSP hotline for parents and supervisors, as needed.
• Welcome and direct CWSP visitors and direct them to the appropriate location for training sessions.
• Assist with CWSP event planning and related tasks.
• Ensure student compliance with the all school and work handbooks/policies.
• Utilize various software, including Google suite, Saleforce.com, and PowerSchool to enter data and prepare reports and/or special projects.
• Education major working toward Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• 2+ years of experience in an academic or non-profit environment preferably in an urban setting.
• Demonstrated experience and understanding of operational management and logistics.
• Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Office Suite.
• 7:30am – 4:30pm
• 3 days per week; scheduled each Monday & two other rotating days Tuesday – Friday
REQUIRED SKILLS AND TRAITS
• Demonstrated commitment to Catholic, faith-based education.
• Demonstrated experience with Restorative Practices in an education setting.
• Cultural sensitivity and responsiveness.
• Belief that all students are capable of excellence.
• Demonstrated ability to connect with and engage urban students and families.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with faculty, staff, parents, students, corporate partners and community members.
• Understands the requirement to talk, listen and actively intervene with students.
• Friendly, outgoing, collaborative with a strong community building focus and acts with a sense of authenticity. Team player.
• Detail oriented, able to multi-task and remain flexible to the changing needs of the school and our many constituencies.
• Organized, with very effective time management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work with school and professional technology (use of academic software, Google Suite, PowerSchool, GoGuardian, Microsoft Suite).
• Demonstrated ability to provide a high level of service excellence to all customers and stakeholders.
• Ability to manage multiple, complex priorities with demanding time frames.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Ability to maintain and protect all confidential materials and information.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
1. Understands and completely embraces the Saint Martin de Porres High School mission and the Cristo Rey Network's Ten Standards for Mission Effectiveness.
2. Believes that all learning should be set in meaningful context and related to real world experiences.
3. Utilizes pedagogical approaches that include but are not limited to Habits of the mind, Socratic questioning, adult and peer coaching, adult and peer presentations, problem-based learning, constructionist approach, inquiry methods, appreciative inquiry methods, and other forms of active learning.
4. Person of faith but not necessarily Catholic.
5. Appreciates that the school is driven by its Catholicity which focuses on the highest level of ethical, moral and social behavior of its students, staff and volunteers.
6. Able and willing to do what it takes to get the job done even if it is not directly related to your job description.
7. Strong sense of being a team player.
Submit cover letter and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Saint Martin de Porres High School encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to our mission.
Saint Martin de Porres High School is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.