Full-Time or Part-Time / Posted January 04, 2021
POSITION: Assistant Controller (Full-Time or Part-Time)
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction of the CFO, the assistant controller, will be responsible for managing the financial activities of the school, ensuring compliance with school, state, and federal regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the financial activities of the school, including budget preparation and control, accounting and purchasing, ensuring compliance with school policies and procedures, state, and federal regulations.
- Process bi-weekly payroll.
- Maintain records of donations and reconciliation with the Advancement department.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and other general ledger reconciliations.
- Monthly billing for Corporate partners and annual billing of tuition to student families. Assist with collections.
- Ensure annual audit is completed in a timely manner, including scheduling, analyses & report preparation.
- Coordinates with and prepares reports for CFO, Finance Committee and Board.
- Project management and some general administrative duties as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the CFO.
- Bachelor’s degree in business required; CPA preferred.
- 5+ years of accounting experience
- 5+ years of experience with Microsoft Excel, familiarity with QuickBooks and Payroll software applications a plus.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND TRAITS:
- Strong work ethic. Hard-working, dedicated and reliably delivering your best work on time.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and/or projections.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Must be able to function in a busy office setting.
- Detail oriented, able to multi-task and remain flexible to the changing needs of the school and our many constituencies.
1. Understands and completely embraces the Saint Martin de Porres High School mission and the Cristo Rey Network's Ten Standards for Mission Effectiveness.
2. Believes that all learning should be set in meaningful context and related to real world experiences.
3. Utilizes pedagogical approaches that include but are not limited to Habits of the mind, Socratic questioning, adult and peer coaching, adult and peer presentations, problem-based learning, constructionist approach, inquiry methods, appreciative inquiry methods, and other forms of active learning.
4. Strong passion and commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
5. Person of faith but not necessarily Catholic.
6. Appreciates that the school is driven by its Catholicity which focuses on the highest level of ethical, moral and social behavior of its students, staff and volunteers.
7. Able and willing to do what it takes to get the job done even if it is not directly related to your job description.
8. Strong sense of being a team player.
Submit cover letter and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Saint Martin de Porres High School encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to our mission.
Saint Martin de Porres High School is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.